Here at the Edinburgh Spa salon we offer a range of Manicure treatments from Nail shaping, cuticle maintenance, hand massage, gel nail extensions and permanent gel polish.
For those who have never had a manicure in Edinburgh before or thinking about booking one but would like to understand the process a bit better hopefully this will help.
A manicure is a cosmetic beauty treatment for the fingernails and hands performed usually with in a nail salon by a manicurist. A manicure treatment is not only a treatment for the natural nails but also for the hands. A manicure consists of filing, shaping of the free edge, treatments, massage of the hand and the application of polish.
What is a manicure good for?
If you are looking for a manicure in Edinburgh knowing these benefits may persuade you to have one done or even persuade to make it a regular thing. Benefits, it is known to improve the texture and health of both the nails and the skin of your hands, as well as leaving them looking polished and perfect and healthy.
A good manicure in Edinburgh will:
– clean, shape, strengthen and dress your nails,
– attend to any skin problems you might have around the nail, such as broken or sore skin,
– use acupressure or hand-massage techniques to stimulate the blood and lymph flow to improve the health of your skin,
– use oils, creams and waxes to exfoliate, cleanse and improve the texture of your nails and the skin of your hands.
If you found that a Manicure in Edinburgh was just what you needed you will want to make the best of your newly manicured hands. Some simple guidelines are listed below:
– Leave adequate time after your treatment for your nails to dry,
– Wear protective gloves when gardening, or doing housework,
– Dry hands thoroughly after washing,
– Never use metal files,
– Keep nails a workable length,
– Use cuticle cream or oil daily to moisturise dry cuticles,
– Drink plenty of water and eat well,
– Do simple hand exercise to keep joints supple,
– Avoid harsh and drying soaps,
– Return to your manicurist for regular, professional manicures at least every 2-4 weeks for maintenance and further treatments.